In This Issue:
- Raising Funds Without Raising Problems
- IRS Issues Clarification Regarding Contributions to Single-Member LLCs
- Appellate Decisions Impact NY Nonprofit Chapter Organizations
- The Emergence of Hybrid Models With Dual Purposes: Doing Well While Doing Good
- Preliminary Results of 990 Governance Check Sheets
- Oversight Subcommittee Examines Nonprofits
- IRS Begins Voluntary Compliance Check of Central Organizations Holding Group Exemption Rulings
- Issuance of Type III Supporting Organization Regulations
- Reliable Tools to Research Exempt Organizations
-Excerpt from Issuance of Type III Supporting Organization Regulations Reliable Tools to Research:
In December 2012, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released final, temporary and proposed regulations affecting Type III supporting organizations and the organizations they support. The regulations became effective as of December 28, 2012, and reflect changes to the law made by the Pension Protection Act of 2006.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Benefit Corporations, Co-Ventures, Compliance, Flexible Purpose Corporations, Form 990, IRS, L3C, Pension Protection Act of 2006, Single-Member LLCs, Supporting Organizations
Published In: Business Organization Updates, Nonprofits Updates, Tax Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP | Attorney Advertising