Oklahoma Transitions Money Transmitter Licensing to NMLS


On October 1, Oklahoma began transitioning state-licensed money transmitters to the NMLS. Existing and new licensees must create a company record in the NMLS and begin using the system for new licenses and renewals. The NMLS has issued instructions for new applications as well as company transition requests. Because the Oklahoma State Banking Department cannot receive electronic payments, licensees still must mail fee payments to the Department with a copy of the new or renewal application.