Order: [Denying New Jersey MTD and MSJ re NCAA, NFL, NBA, et. al. Legal Standing]
"This matter comes before the Court upon Plaintiffs’ “Motion for Summary Judgment and, If Necessary to Preserve the Status Quo, a Preliminary Injunction” (ECF No. 10), Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss (ECF No. 29), and Defendants’ Cross Motion for Summary Judgment (ECF No. 76).
The Court held oral argument on December 18, 2012, with respect to standing only. For the reasons stated in the Opinion filed on this date, and for other good cause shown,
IT IS on this 21st day of December, 2012, ORDERED that:
1) Plaintiffs have demonstrated standing and this case will proceed to the merits;
2) Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss (ECF No. 29) is DENIED;
3) Defendants’ Cross Motion for Summary Judgment (ECF No. 76) is DENIED in so far as it challenges Plaintiffs’ standing;
4) Plaintiffs’ Motion to Preclude the Expert Testimony of Robert D. Willig (ECF No. 98) is administratively terminated as moot; and
5) A date for oral argument regarding the constitutional issues will be issued after January 20, 2013."
/s/ Michael A. Shipp
MICHAEL A. SHIPP
UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE
[Case 3:12-cv-04947-MAS-LHG Document 114 Filed 12/21/12 Page 1 of 1 PageID: 5119]