In this Presentation:
Kristin Cilento Carter presented “Exploration of Common Exceptions to the Stark Law” as part of the program “Stark Physician Self-Referral Law,” an installment in the Fraud and Abuse Basics Bootcamp Series offered by the American Health Lawyers Association.
Kristin covered these topics:
- Bright line rules?
- We have a financial relationship, now what?
- General exceptions
- Group practice definition
- In-office ancillary services exception
- Ownership exceptions
- Compensation exceptions
- “Whole” hospital and rural provider exceptions
- Temporary noncompliance with signature requirements
- Common Stark issues
Please see full Presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.