In This Issue:
- Automatic Enrolment
- The Pensions Regulator
- Pension Protection Fund
- Case Law Update
- Other News
- On The Horizon
- Excerpt from Introduction:
Welcome to DLA Piper’s Pensions News publication in which we report on recent developments in pensions legislation, guidance and case law, as well as keeping you up to speed on what to look out for in the coming months.
This edition brings you the developments from August 2013 including the following.
- Automatic enrolment: the results of research completed by the DWP about opt out rates; the Regulator’s latest research looking at employers’ awareness, understanding and activity relating to the reforms; and guidance from the Regulator to help employers select a good quality scheme for automatic enrolment.
- Pensions Regulator: guidance for employers who want to be more involved in running the schemes they provide (for example, by the use of a management committee); and the latest annual survey results of industry perception of the Regulator.
- PPF: an update on levy invoicing and the latest round-up Bulletin.
- Case law: a summary judgment granting rectification of a scheme’s rules which in error contained a clause granting higher than intended benefits to certain deferred members.
- HMRC: publication of forms and guidance on fixed protection 2014.
- Other news: an update about the work of the Financial Conduct Authority and the Association of British Insurers on annuities.
Please see full publication below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.