In This Issue:
- Automatic enrolment
- The Pensions Regulator
- Pension Protection Fund
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Case law
- Other News
- On The Horizon
- Contact Details
- Excerpt from Introduction:
Welcome to DLA Piper’s Pensions News publication in which we report on recent developments in pensions legislation, guidance and case law, as well as keeping you up to speed on what to look out for in the coming months.
This edition brings you the developments from November 2013 including the following.
- Automatic enrolment: an update from the Regulator on business sector compliance visits that it has completed; a report from the DWP on the results of research evaluating the reforms; and updated versions of the Regulator’s detailed guidance.
- The Pensions Regulator: guidance for trustees and their advisers on asset backed contributions; the coming into force of the DC Code and the publication of accompanying guidance and the final form of the compliance and enforcement policy in respect of trust-based occupational DC schemes; and the results of research on the Regulator’s May 2013 annual funding statement.
- DWP: a consultation exploring proposals for defined ambition schemes; a summary of the results of research on annual management charges in DC schemes; and a consultation on miscellaneous amendment regulations to simplify some administrative provisions of the legislation.
- Case law: a judgment of the Court of Appeal in Northern Ireland relating to contribution notices and time limits.
- Other news: an update on the new Fair Deal policy; the annual revaluation order; and a consultation on amendments to guidance on Statutory Money Purchase Illustrations to bring it into line with the new disclosure regulations.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.