Welcome to DLA Piper’s Pensions News publication in which we report on recent developments in pensions legislation, guidance and case law, as well as keeping you up to speed on what to look out for in the coming months. This edition brings you the developments from September 2013 including the following:
- Automatic enrolment: the coming into force of regulations banning consultancy charges in automatic enrolment schemes; updates to the statutory guidance on certification; and the Regulator’s latest survey about awareness of intermediaries (including trustees) of the reforms.
- The Pensions Regulator: the coming into force of the new Codes of Practice on late payment of contributions to DC schemes; and a report on governance of public service pension schemes.
- PPF: the consultation on the levy for 2014/15.
- Legislation: regulations to strengthen the requirements on QROPS from 14 October 2013 and new regulations for the LGPS for England and Wales which will come into force on 1 April 2014.
- Other news: the outcome of the Office of Fair Trading’s market study of DC schemes including recommendations made and agreements for action with the Association of British Insurers and the Regulator; and an update on the statistical status of RPIJ.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.