In This Issue:
- Making Our Downtown Better Every Day
- It's Good To "B" In Deleware
- The Wonderful World of Limited Liability Companies
- Ohio Bill to Allow Schools and Camps to Procure Epinephrine Autoinjectors
- Ohio Bill to Provide Tax Credits for Donations to Community Foundations
- Federal District Court Allows a Church to Intervene in Electioneering Case
- Excerpt From It's Good To "B" In Deleware:
In August of 2013, Delaware joined the ranks of states that have enacted benefit corporation legislation. Delaware became the 19th state to enact benefit corporation legislation through its amendment to the Delaware General Corporation Law (DGCL) at 8 Del. Code Ann. tit. 8 § 361 et seq. Already a renowned leader in corporate law and the home of many of the nation’s largest businesses (50% of all publicly traded companies and 64% of Fortune 500 companies), Delaware’s enactment of this legislation may lead to a significant shift in the development of this area of corporate law. Benefit corporations, generally, are intended to create a corporate vehicle that allows corporations to create value that extends beyond its shareholders to society and the public as a whole.
Please see full Newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.