The Observer highlights significant developments in insurance recovery and risk management
In This Issue:
- Into the Data-Security Breach: Risks, Liability, and Insurance Recovery for Companies and Their Directors
- Fifth Circuit’s Expansive Reading of Contractual Liability Exclusion Serves as a Reminder That How Corporate Transactions Are Structured Can Affect Coverage
- Massachusetts Federal Judge Dismisses Insurer’s Misrepresentation Claims in $650M Suit on Coverage for Mortgage-Backed Securities
- Update: Virginia Supreme Court Grants Rehearing in Global Warming Coverage Case
- West Virginia Trial Court Finds that Pollution Exclusion Does Not Bar Coverage for Claims Against Coal Company, Rejecting Insurers’ Argument That Policyholder’s Core Product Is a “Pollutant”
- New York Appellate Court Rules That an Insurer Cannot Delay Issuance of a Disclaimer on a Ground Known by the Insurer While Investigating Other Potential Grounds for Denial
- Utah Supreme Court Holds that Insurer Cannot Seek Reimbursement of Amounts Paid in Excess of Policy Limits to Settle a Judgment Against Its Insured
- Fourth Circuit Finds Coverage Under Commercial Package Insurance Policy For Defense Costs and Penalties Incurred in Wage-Hour Dispute
- The Home Insurance Company Proposes Interim Distribution
Please see full update below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.