In This Issue:
- Treasury Secretary Calls for Increased Focus on Cybersecurity
- New Requirements for ‘Cleared Intelligence’ Contractors
- FTC Clarifies Verifiable Parental Consent Methods Under COPPA
- Small Retailer Fined for Failing to Provide Data Breach Notification
- Excerpt from FTC Clarifies Verifiable Parental Consent Methods Under CO PPA -
On July 16, 2014, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) updated a section of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to obtaining verifiable parental consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).4 The latest in a series of updates, the FAQ clarifies and expands methods of obtaining consent available to website operators and mobile app developers, and provides entirely new guidance regarding the liability of third-party platforms...
Please see full Newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.