In this presentation:
- Recent Examples of Nonprofit Fraud and Embezzlement
- Why Does Employee Fraud Occur?
- Why Are Nonprofits Frequently the Victims of Fraud and Embezzlement?
- Preventing Fraud and Embezzlement
..Fraud Risk Assessments
..Effective Compliance Programs
- Controls Measures to Reduce the Risk of Fraud
- Excerpt from Recent Examples of Nonprofit Fraud and Embezzlement:
American Legacy Foundation:
In November 2013, Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, opened an investigation into the Washington, D.C.-based American Legacy Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to educating the public about the dangers of smoking.
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.