In this issue:
- Nursing Facility Survey Trends: Directed Plans of Correction, Privacy Violations and FTag 520 Quality Assurance Committee Citations
- COBRA Meets ACA – Time to Update COBRA Notices
- NLRB Reconsiders Employee Use of E-mail Systems
- Hospitals File Lawsuit Over Medicare ALJ Hearings Delays
- Medicare Part C Update: Co-Insurance Payments For Dual Eligible Residents
- Business Is Booming in North Carolina: Options for Long Term Care Growth
- Advance Directives Update
- More on End-of-Life: NCHCFA Presented All-Day Training on End-of-Life Issues and Advance Directives
- Health Care Law Firm Bode Hemphill Joins Poyner Spruill
- Excerpt from VNursing Facility Survey Trends: Directed Plans of Correction, Privacy Violations and FTag 520 Quality Assurance Committee Citations:
Directed Plans of Correction, or DPOCs, have long been part of the arsenal of enforcement sanctions available to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for survey deficiencies, just like civil money penalties (CMPs); denial of payment for new admissions and termination. However, over the years, we’ve rarely seen CMS or the Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR) use them, but that appears to be changing...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.