IN THIS ISSUE:
Welcome to the inaugural edition of our e-newsletter! We will use this forum to report firm news to clients, referral sources, and friends on a quarterly basis. For more frequent updates, follow us on Twitter, connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn, or subscribe to the Texas Appellate Law Blog.
Texas Supreme Court Visits Hidalgo County
On March 2, 2011, the Hidalgo County Bar Association welcomed the Texas Supreme Court by hosting hosting a reception at the Cimarron Country Club.....
E-Filing Rolls Out in Texas Appellate Courts
The Texas Supreme Court and the two Houston courts of appeals have adopted e-filing rules and are now accepting briefs and other filings electronically through Texas.gov.....
Firm Wins Geographic Restriction Appeal
Smith Law Group recently celebrated a noteworthy victory in a family-law case involving a request to modify a geographic restriction on a minor child’s primary residence.....
Selected Texas Appellate Law Blog Posts:
• Exciting Announcements to Begin 2011
• CCA Overrules Clewis's Factual Sufficiency Review
• Chief Justice Joe R. Greenhill, 1914-2011
• Chief Justice to Deliver State of Judiciary Address
• At Last, E-Filing Is Coming to Texas Appellate Courts
• An Evening with the Third Court of Appeals
Please see full newsletter below for more information.