State Licenses Critical to H-1B Visas


Doctors, research scientists, engineers and other professionals seeking to work in the U.S. pursuant to the grant of a H-1B visa (a visa used to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise) must be mindful of the role that state licensing plays in this federal program.

Submission of a valid and current state license applicable to a foreign applicant’s professional specialty is a requirement for proper filing of the H-1B petition.

Those who have studied here pursuant to J-1 student status, should allow themselves adequate time to apply for a license in the state where they want to practice professionally prior to filing their H-1B visa applications.

Please see full article below for more information.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.