In This Presentation:
- Incorporation/Annual Corporate Reporting
- Foreign Corporation Authorization/Reporting
- State Tax - Registration and Reporting
- Charitable Solicitation Registration
- Lobbying/Registration Disclosures
- Other Potential Pitfalls
- Excerpt from Incorporation/Annual Corporate Reporting:
- First step for nonprofits
- Agency varies
- Typically, State Department of Corporations or Secretary of State
– State Department of Assessments & Taxation
– Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
– State Corporation Commission
- Typical requirements: name, purposes, registered agent, incorporator
- CA, NY particularities
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Charitable Donations, Disclosure Requirements, Foreign Corporations, Fundraisers, Gaming, Incorporation, Lobbying, Registration, Reporting Requirements, State Taxes
Published In: Business Organization Updates, Communications & Media Updates, Elections & Politics Updates, Nonprofits Updates, Tax Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising