State Regulation of Nonprofit Organizations: Everything You Need to Know about Required State Filings for Your Nonprofit Organization


In This Presentation:

- Incorporation/Annual Corporate Reporting

- Foreign Corporation Authorization/Reporting

- State Tax - Registration and Reporting

- Charitable Solicitation Registration

- Gaming/Raffles

- Lobbying/Registration Disclosures

- Other Potential Pitfalls

- Excerpt from Incorporation/Annual Corporate Reporting:

- First step for nonprofits

- Agency varies

- Typically, State Department of Corporations or Secretary of State

– State Department of Assessments & Taxation

– Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs

– State Corporation Commission

- Typical requirements: name, purposes, registered agent, incorporator

- CA, NY particularities

Please see full presentation below for more information.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.