In This Issue:
- Notes from the Chair & Executive Editor
- The Pessimist's Guide to Employment Litigation
- USERRA: Employer Responsibilities to those Returning from Active Military Service
- Expanding Waistlines, Expanding Definitions: Obesity as a Disability?
- TO THE DEFENSE: The United States Supreme Court gives employers two interesting defenses in Fair Labor Standards Act cases.
Excerpt from Notes from the Chair & Executive Editor:
...Our third quarter edition of SuperVision Today spotlights one of our attorneys from Winston-Salem who has appeared several times in this publication, Erin Jones Adams. We also digest an article written by Jennifer Greenlief that appeared in the DRI's national publication For The Defense in their Employment and Labor Law edition. Carrie Harris of Roanoke takes a look at employers' obligations under USERRA. Eric Kinder examines the practical implications of a recent United States Supreme Court decision under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the newest addition to our team, Lindsay Griffin Smith, discusses one of the latest trends of disability law -- whether obesity alone is a disability.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.