Summer is a busy time of year in the employee benefits area. Significant compliance deadlines must be met, and fiduciary issues remain hot. Here are five points that should not be forgotten with the summer heat.
1. Service providers must furnish fee disclosures to defined benefit and defined contribution plans by July 1, 2012
2. Employers must distribute participant-level disclosures for their defined contribution plans by August 30, 2012
3. Summary of Benefits and Coverage must be issued for open enrollments starting on or after September 23, 2012
4. Plan fiduciaries are held liable for violation of fiduciary duties in Tussey case
5. Employers must be aware of what it means to be a fiduciary
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.