The docket for the U.S. Supreme Court’s October 2012 term already contains five cases that could substantially impact the employment litigation landscape and employer affirmative action and diversity efforts. This month's Take 5 will summarize these five cases and how they may affect employers.
- Fisher v. University of Texas – Is Race-Based Affirmative Action Constitutional?
- Vance v. Ball State University – Who Is a “Supervisor” Under Title VII?
- Comcast Corp. v. Behrend7 – What Evidence Should a District Court Consider When Determining if a Class Should Be Certified?
- Genesis Healthcare Corp. v. Symczyk – Does an Offer of Full Relief to a Lead Plaintiff Render a Putative FLSA Collective Action Moot?
- U.S. Airways, Inc. v. McCutchen – Can Courts Rewrite ERISA Benefit Plan Language to Prevent Recoupment of Benefits from Plan Participants?
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.