In This Presentation:
- Review Employer Information
- Additional Points
- Excerpt from Review Employer Information.
Employer’s Health Plans -
1. Identify the employer’s health plans that may be subject to the ACA.
• What is the main medical plan and are there multiple options (HMO, PPO, high-deductible health plan, etc.).
• Does the employer have a retiree medical plan?
• Does the employer have a health reimbursement arrangement (an HRA)?
• Does the employer have an employee assistance program (an EAP) that provides significant medical benefits or allows employees to receive counseling? (Note: Whether an EAP is a health plan for purposes of the ACA is complex and should be reviewed. There currently are proposed regulations as to when an EAP would be an excepted benefit.)
• Does the employer make contributions to health flexible spending accounts?
Please see full Checklist below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.