In This Presentation:
- Review Employer Information
- Additional Points
- Excerpt from Review Employer Information.
Employer’s Health Plans -
1. Identify the employer’s health plans that may be subject to the ACA.
• What is the main medical plan and are there multiple options (HMO, PPO, high-deductible health plan, etc.).
• Does the employer have a retiree medical plan?
• Does the employer have a health reimbursement arrangement (an HRA)?
• Does the employer have an employee assistance program (an EAP) that provides significant medical benefits or allows employees to receive counseling? (Note: Whether an EAP is a health plan for purposes of the ACA is complex and should be reviewed. There currently are proposed regulations as to when an EAP would be an excepted benefit.)
• Does the employer make contributions to health flexible spending accounts?
Please see full Checklist below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Affordable Care Act, Cadillac Tax, COBRA, Employee Benefits, Employer Group Health Plans, Medical Loss Ratio, PCOR, Self-Insured Health Plans, Shared Responsibility Rule, Summary Plan Description
Published In: Health Updates, Labor & Employment Updates, Tax Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Dorsey & Whitney LLP | Attorney Advertising