This is the inaugural edition of The Class Action Chronicle, a quarterly publication that will provide analysis of recent class action trends, along with a summary of class certification and Class Action Fairness Act rulings issued during each quarter. Our publication is designed to keep both practitioners and clients up-to-date on class action developments in antitrust, mass torts/products liability, consumer fraud and other areas of law.
The Fall 2013 edition highlights the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit’s recent — and troubling — approval of issues classes as a means to facilitate class certification in cases where the requirements of Rule 23 are not met.
- Issues Classes: The Latest Assault on Rule 23(b)(3)1
- CLASS CERTIFICATION DECISIONS:
- Decision Granting Motion to Strike
- Decisions Denying Motions to Strike
- Decisions Rejecting/Denying Class Certification
- Decisions Permitting/Granting Class Certification
- Decisions Granting Decertification of Classes
- Decision Denying Decertification of Class
- CLASS ACTION FAIRNESS ACT DECISIONS:
- Decisions Denying Motions to Remand/Reversing Remand Orders
- Decisions Granting Motion to Remand
- CAFA Settlement Ruling
- Please see full Memorandum below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.