In this issue:
- Digital Advertising Alliance Releases Mobile Guidance
- House Energy and Commerce Task Force on Privacy
- The Senate Committee on Commerce Considers Cybersecurity
- House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee Hears from Industry on Reforming Breach Notification Laws
- Federal Trade Commission Continues to Add to COPPA FAQ Guidance
- September Compliance Deadline for New HIPAA Regulations
- Excerpt from: Digital Advertising Alliance Releases Mobile Guidance:
The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) released guidance on July 24, 2013 that explains how its Self-Regulatory Principles apply in the mobile app and mobile Web environments. The DAA is a consortium of trade associations and companies led by the American Association of Advertising Agencies, the Association of National Advertisers, the American Advertising Federation, the Direct Marketing Association, the Interactive Advertising Bureau, and the Network Advertising Initiative.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Breach Notification Rule, COPPA, Cybersecurity, FTC, HIPAA, Mobile Apps, Mobile Devices, Privacy Laws, Proposed Legislation
Published In: Communications & Media Updates, Energy & Utilities Updates, Health Updates, Privacy Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising