In this issue:
Heard on the Hill
- Congress Updates the Video Privacy Protection Act
- Congressional Developments in Mobile Privacy
Around the Agencies:
- FTC Updates COPPA Rule
- Mobile Privacy Still High on Agencies’ Agendas
- New Breach Notification Standards for Health Information
- European Parliament Issues Report on Proposed General Data Protection Regulation
An excerpt from "Congress Updates the Video Privacy Protection Act
On January 10, 2013, President Obama signed the Video Privacy Protection Act Amendments of 2012 (P.L. 112-258) (the “VPPA Amendments Act”). The new law updates the Video Privacy Protection Act (“VPPA”) by allowing consumers to consent to having their video viewing records shared automatically for up to two years. The VPPA Amendments Act also adds requirements for obtaining such consent whether online or offline.
Please see full newsletter below for more information
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.