In this issue:
- Senate Commerce Committee Examines “Do Not Track” Status Around the Agencies
- FTC to Hold Workshop on the Internet of Things
- FTC’s Revised COPPA Rule to Take Effect July 1st
- FTC Issues COPPA Educational Letters to Industry
- FTC Warns Data Companies of Potential FCRA Violations In the States
- California Positioning Itself to Press the Eraser Button
- Excerpt from: Senate Commerce Committee Examines “Do Not Track” Status
On April 24, Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), Chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, convened a committee hearing titled “A Status Update on the Development of Voluntary Do-Not-Track Standards” to examine the steps industry stakeholders have taken in relation to an agreement to recognize a browser-based choice mechanism with respect to the collection and use of Web viewing data.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.