In this issue:
- Heard On the Hill
- House Bipartisan Working Group Considers Privacy Around the Agencies
- New TCPA Rules Effective October 16, 2013
- FTC to Hold Workshop on Native Advertising
- New HIPAA Regulations Now in Effect
- In the States
- California Privacy Ballot Initiative
- California’s AB 370 – Do Not Track Disclosure Law
- California Breach Notification Law Extended to Online Login Credentials International
-Vote Scheduled on EU General Data Protection Regulation for October 21, 2013
- Excerpt from: FTC to Hold Workshop on Native Advertising
In September the Federal Trade Commission (“Commission” or “FTC”) announced that it would convene a December 4, 2013 workshop in Washington, DC on “native advertising.” “Native advertising,” or “sponsored content,” is the phrase used by the Commission to refer to the practice of blending ads with news, entertainment, and other content in digital media. The workshop is intended to bring together representatives of industry, consumer advocates, academics, and regulators to examine how native advertising is presented to consumers and whether they recognize such paid messages.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.