In This Issue:
- Immigration. New proposal aimed at attracting highly-skilled immigrants.
- State Round-Up. Learn about the latest employment law news in your state.
- Traditional. J. Hamilton Stewart and Matthew Kelley discuss the NLRB’s most recent scrutiny of employee handbooks.
- HR Issues. Jathan Janove addresses how to move from compliance cop to compliance coach.
- Harassment. Lewd glances do not support hostile work environment claim.
- Excerpt from Immigration. New proposal aimed at attracting highly-skilled immigrants:
On May 6, 2014, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced the publication of two proposed rules that reflect the Obama Administration’s “continuing commitment to attract and retain highly skilled immigrants.” The first regulation would extend employment authorization to spouses of certain H-1B workers. The second rule would ease restrictions on employment authorization for certain groups of highly-skilled immigrant workers and expand visa eligibility criteria for others.
Please see full Newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.