In this issue:
- Net Gain For Taxpayers – Tax Court Approves Net Gift Strategy
- Estate Planning For The Young And Affluent – How To Hedge Your Bets
- Wealth Preserver – Use An ILIT To Shield Life Insurance Proceeds From Estate Tax
- Estate Planning Red Flag – Your Spouse’s Estate Didn’t Make The Portability Election
- Excerpt from Net Gain For Taxpayers – Tax Court Approves Net Gift Strategy:
A net gift is a technique that potentially allows you to reduce your effective gift tax rate from 40% to 28.6%. It requires the donee to agree to pay the gift tax as a condition of receiving the gift. This reduces the gift’s value for gift tax purposes.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Gift Tax, Life Insurance, Net Gift, Portability, Tax Court, Trusts, Valuation
Published In: Insurance Updates, Tax Updates, Wills, Trusts, & Estate Planning Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP | Attorney Advertising