In This Issue:
- Mining the generation gap: Estate planning strategies for you and your parents
- Are you part of a nontraditional couple? Unmarried and same-sex married couples face estate planning hurdles
- Asset valuation: A key component of your estate plan
- Estate Planning Red Flag: You haven’t recently reviewed your retirement plan beneficiary designations
- Excerpt from Estate Planning Red Flag...
No matter how carefully you plan your estate, your objectives can easily be thwarted by inappropriate beneficiary designations for IRAs, 401(k) plans or other retirement accounts. Here are some of the most common mistakes:
Failing to coordinate beneficiary designations with the rest of your plan. Suppose that you wish to leave your wealth in trust for the benefit of your child. If you’ve designated the child as beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement account, he or she will receive those assets outright.
Please see full publication below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.