In this presentation:
- Scope of the Guide
..Applicability of FTC Law to Online Advertising
- Clear and Conspicuous Disclosures in Online Advertisements
..Background on Disclosures
..The Clear and Conspicuous Requirement
..What are Clear and Conspicuous Disclosures?
1. Proximity and Placement
3. Distracting Factors in Ads
5. Multimedia Messages and Campaigns
6. Understandable Language
- Key Areas that We’ll Focus on:
..Displaying Disclosures Prior to Purchase/Consent
..Space-Constrained Ads (Tweets)
- Wrap-Up and Q & A
- Excerpt from Background:
- First published in May 2000, discussed applicability of FTC rules and guides to online activity
- Revised staff guidance issued March 2013, addresses changes in the marketplace, growth of mobile and social media
- Guides are not law, and do not provide safe harbor from potential liability
- Serve as guidance on best practices for clear and conspicuous disclosures pursuant to the laws the FTC enforces
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.