In our earlier client update on 4 February 2014 (click here to view) we:
- outlined the nature and scope of the insider trading prohibition under the Corporations Act; and
- highlighted the extent of ASIC's recent activity and success in the prosecution of insider trading and market misconduct offences.
In this follow-on article (designed to be read in conjunction with the earlier article), we:
- detail what types of transactions give rise to a heightened risk of insider trading;
- highlight the importance of confidentiality and risk management in corporate transaction planning; and
- provide practical guidance on the ways in which insider trading risks can be managed and how the reputational risk stemming from allegations of insider trading or market misconduct can be managed.
Please see full alert below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.