In this issue:
- New Procedures for Challenging Patent Validity
- Aggressive Healthcare Fraud Enforcement Likely to Continue in 2012
- Life Sciences: The Rodney Dangerfield of Venture Capital
- Life Sciences Venture Financings for WSGR Clients
- Government Funding for Large and Small MedTech Companies
- Recent Life Sciences Highlights
An excerpt from "Aggressive Healthcare Fraud Enforcement Likely to Continue in 2012"
On February 14, 2012, Attorney General Eric Holder and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius released a report on the government’s healthcare fraud prevention and enforcement efforts. The report showed that the federal government recovered nearly $4.1 billion in fiscal year (FY) 2011 as a result of these efforts—the highest amount ever recovered in a single year. With healthcare fraud enforcement proving to be a cash cow for a cash-strapped government, we can only expect increased criminal and civil enforcement of healthcare-related offenses.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.