In this issue:
*News from the Court:
- Guidance from Delaware Chancery Court for Notice Provisions and
- Survival Periods
- Privileged Pre-Merger Attorney-Client Communications Belong to Surviving Corporation
- Weak Fairness Opinion not an Independent Violation of Revlon Duties
- Delaware’s Closed-Door Arbitration Program Enjoined
- Board’s Duties to an Individual Shareholder
- Delaware Supreme Court Unanimously Reverses Chancery Court
- Decision, Allowing Vivendi-Activision Repurchase to Proceed
- Allstream Acquisition Rejected by Canadian Minister of Industry for National Security Reasons
- Rival Clothing Retailers Jos A. Bank and Men’s Wearhouse Launch Competing Merger Proposals and Defensive Maneuvers
- Cooper Terminates Apollo Deal
*A New Wave of Shareholder Activism:
- Excerpt from A New Wave of Shareholder Activism:
There has been a significant uptick in shareholder activism in 2013. While once thought of as solely for brave-hearted activist hedge funds, the activist shareholder space experienced a wide variety of developments this past year. The types of actors are becoming more diverse and the means of shareholder engagement range from more frequent letters from key shareholders, to campaigns to derail transactions or threaten wide-scale appraisal, to full-on proxy battles and hostile takeovers.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Arbitration, Attorney-Client Privilege, Board of Directors, Confidential Communications, Confidential Information, Fiduciary Duty, Notice Requirements, Repurchases, Shareholder Litigation, Shareholders, Survival Statute
Published In: Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Updates, Business Torts Updates, Civil Procedure Updates, International Trade Updates, Mergers & Acquisitions Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Ropes & Gray LLP | Attorney Advertising