In This Issue:
- Proposal 3 Generates Sparks
- Detroit Edison is Looking for Large Solar PV Installation(s)
- PPA for Tuscola Bay II Wind Farm
- Start-up for Biodigester in Fremont
- Holland Solar Manufacturer has Global Reach
- Depreciation Methodology for Wind Turbines Challenged
- Comments Due on Net Metering and Interconnection Issues
- Michigan Shorts
- Iceland Teaches a Lesson
- Excerpt from Iceland Teaches a Lesson:
Toward the end of my first-time visit to Iceland I toured a geothermal plant 20 kilometers outside the capital of Reykjavik, a real “busman’s holiday.” I learned that four such plants supply 99 percent of the heating, hot water, and electric needs of the capital. There is enough excess electricity to power an aluminum smelting operation, with ore from Australia and South Africa. This effort serves as a true object lesson for energy policy: use and leverage energy resources that are at hand. In this era of “buy local”, shouldn’t the adage also apply to fuel? Especially if it is free?
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.