In This Issue:
- MISO Says Presque Isle Coal-Fired Plant Must Stay Open
- Getting Closer to Making Good Energy Decisions
- Assessment of Wind Energy Opportunities in Michigan
- New Battery Lab at U of M
- Energy Gala Spotlights Shining Stars
- Michigan Shorts
- Utilities Building More Wind Farms
- Advanced Energy Storage Company Moves to New Facility
- Excerpt from MISO Says Presque Isle Coal-Fired Plant Must Stay Open:
The Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) has concluded that the 431 MW Presque Isle coal-fired power plant must remain open for reliability reasons. As a result, it has denied the request by We Energies to suspend operations at its plant by February 2014. Discussions are underway between the company and MISO as to how to compensate the company for the mandated continued operation. Who will pay the cost will ultimately be proposed by MISO in a filing with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. The viability of the joint venture effort between We Energies and Wolverine Power Cooperative to upgrade the pollution control equipment at the plant is uncertain.
Please see full Newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.