In This Issue:
- Another Baseload Natural Gas Plant for Consumers Energy
- Favorable Tax Decision on Solar Array
- Quackenbush/Bakkal to Prepare Energy Report
- Plastic Solar Cells on the Horizon?
- Law Suit Against U.P. Cellulosic Bio refinery Dismissed
- Michigan Community Wind Project Up and Running
- Energy Innovation: monopoly vs. competition
-Excerpt from Another Baseload Natural Gas Plant for Consumers Energy:
Consumers Energy has announced plans for a 700 MW natural gas-fired baseload power plant in Genesee County. To be located about 20 miles northeast of Flint (Thetford Township), construction on the combined cycle plant would start in 2015 and be completed in 2017. The site already has nine gas turbines. The company has indicated this project is consistent with its 2009 Balanced Energy Initiative: Electric Generation Alternatives Analysis, a 20-year generation plan. The $750 million project is in addition to the $6.5 billion of announced expenditures planned by the company through 2017.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.