I recently posted: How to Be a More Effective Mentor. That post generated a lot of interest, so I want to add more thoughts on mentoring.
What can a mentor do? Historically a mentor had many roles and functions including:
• Teaching and training,
• Giving career guidance,
• Being available to answer the really stupid questions,
• Explaining unwritten firm politics,
• Helping get quality work assignments,
• Providing opportunities to observe the mentor or others,
• Observing and providing feedback,
• Helping the mentee market herself internally and position herself to get raises, bonuses and promotion.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.