Work and Travel Made Easier for Adjustment of Status Applicants


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has finally made it easier for Adjustment of Status applicants to work and travel!

Starting February 11, 2011, USCIS will begin issuing employment and travel authorization for Adjustment of Status applicants in a single card, doing away with the separate paper approvals formerly issued for travel authorization (otherwise known as Advance Parole). This card is to be issued when an applicant files an Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765) and an Application for Travel Document (I-131) concurrently with, or after, filing a Form I 485, Application for Adjustment of Status.

Please see full article below for more information.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.

DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Mintz Levin - Immigration Law | Attorney Advertising

Written by:


Mintz Levin - Immigration Law on:

Readers' Choice 2017
Reporters on Deadline

"My best business intelligence, in one easy email…"

Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:

Sign up to create your digest using LinkedIn*

*By using the service, you signify your acceptance of JD Supra's Privacy Policy.

Already signed up? Log in here

*With LinkedIn, you don't need to create a separate login to manage your free JD Supra account, and we can make suggestions based on your needs and interests. We will not post anything on LinkedIn in your name. Or, sign up using your email address.