In this Presentation:
- Summary of Key Changes in Rule 26
- FRCP 26(a)(2)- Disclosure
- Rule 26(b)(4) Trial Preparation: Experts
- Checklist of Suggested Practices
- Excerpt from Summary of Key Changes in Rule 26:
- 1. A retained expert’s report no longer must contain all “data or other information” the expert has considered, but only the “facts or data” the expert has considered in forming the opinions expressed.
- 2. Counsel must provide a written summary of the facts and opinions to be expressed by non-reporting experts.
- 3. Drafts of a retained expert’s report, and drafts of the summary of a non-
retained expert’s opinions, have work product protection from discovery.
- 4. Communications between a party’s counsel and the party’s retained experts also have work product protection, with three express exceptions.
Please see full presentation below.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.