• Overview of the “Cookie Law”
• Practical steps to compliance
• Potential consequences of non-compliance
• Summary of next steps for defining your own strategy for compliance
• US perspective
Overview of the "Cookie Law"
The law -
• Originates from Article 5.3 of the E-Privacy Directive 2002/58/EC (as amended by the Citizen’s Rights Directive 2009/136/EC)
• UK implementation Regulation 6 of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended in 2011)
• In essence the law requires that you:
.. tell users about the cookies used on your website;
.. explain what the cookies are doing; and
.. obtain consent to store cookies on their device....
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.