Issues paper released -
On 20 August 2012, the ALRC released its first issues paper for its Inquiry into Copyright and the Digital Economy in Australia. The purpose of the Inquiry is to determine whether exceptions and statutory licences in the Act are adequate and appropriate in the digital environment and whether further exceptions should be recommended. In conducting the Inquiry the ALRC must have regard to:
- the need to ensure copyright law provides incentives for creation and investment in innovation;
- the general interest to use and interact with content for the advancement of education, research and culture;
- opportunities for innovation leading to national and economic cultural development;
- international obligations;
- international developments; and
- previous copyright reviews.
Submissions on the paper are due on 16 November 2012, with a final report due by 30 November 2013.
Please see full publication below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.