In this issue;
- Senator Durbin Calls on FDA to Regulate Caffeine in Energy Drinks
- FTC Approves Final Order Settling Privacy Charges with Upromise
- FTC Continues Crackdown on Marketers Targeting Vulnerable Consumers
- Court Denies Class Action in Continuity Product Case
- CFPB now Sharing Complaints with FTC
An excerpt from "FTC Continues Crackdown on Marketers Targeting Vulnerable Consumers"
This week, the FTC announced four enforcement actions against marketers targeting consumers in financial distress through a number of channels. These actions are the latest in a string of enforcement actions against so-called “last dollar” scams. The actions announced this week involved a company purporting to prevent automotive repossessions by modifying car loans, a telemarketing scheme that targeted timeshare owners attempting to sell their properties, a robocalling operation promising nonexistent government grants, and a payday lender that allegedly added excessive fees to loans and made illegal threats during debt collection.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.