In This Issue
- LNG: From Niche Fuel to Regional Commodity?
The first fifty years of LNG has seen a remarkable evolution. In this final part we look at current “realities” facing industry and consider how the industry will evolve over the next twenty years....
Corporate / London
- The UK’s Response to the Deepwater Horizon Spill
Despite having one of the strongest safety and environmental regimes in the world, following the incident in the Gulf of Mexico the UK was forced to review its own regulatory regime for deepwater drilling on the UK continental shelf....
Mining & Natural Resources, Oil & Gas Regulatory
- United States to Become First G8 Nation to Fully Implement the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative: International efforts to alter OGM royalty regimes gain steam
President Obama boldly declared that the United States will implement the disclosure provisions to ensure that taxpayers are receiving every dollar due from the extraction of U.S. natural resources. OGM companies should be prepared to participate in the multi-stakeholder process that will mark the government’s implementation of the EITI standards....
Government Advocacy and Public Policy
- Congressional Investigation of Solyndra, Inc. and Department of EnergyLoan Programs Office:
“A colossal failure … calling into question every loan guarantee that has been issued and … any future loan guarantees ….” — Sen.Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)Theodore M. Hester, Kenneth S. Culotta, Margaret O’Neil, Daniel F. Donovan,Thomas J. Spulak
The Congressional investigation of Solyndra, Inc., the California solar panel manufacturer that received a $535 million loan guarantee and recently filed for bankruptcy, is a gathering threat to the entire Department of Energy (DOE) Loan Guarantee Program....
- Challenges to EPA’s Cross-State Air Pollution Rule Expose Deep Divisions Among Electric Generators, States, and EPA
The Cross-State Air Pollution Control Rule, which requires “upwind” states to reduce power plant SO2 and NOx emissions that add to fine particle and ground-level ozone pollution in “downwind” states, has raised serious economic and political issues....
- Liberia: Investment Potential in the Oil and Gas Industry in Liberia
Investing in Liberia remains a risk, but the potential for lucrative earnings in this underexplored region of West Africa is undeniable....
Please see full newsletter below for more information.