In this issue:
- Green Guides May Be Ripe for Release
- Senators Push FTC to Investigate Online “Lead Generators”
- FTC Settlement Takes Pound of Flesh in Weight Loss Testimonial and Substantiation Case
- “Your Baby Can Read” Case Instructive for Marketers
- Upcoming Events
- An excerpt from "Senators Push FTC to Investigate Online “Lead Generators”
A group of Democratic senators is requesting that the FTC investigate third-party online marketing companies – so-called lead generators – used by private-sector schools. Venable attorneys Jonathan L. Pompan and Alexandra Megaris write in a recent article about the request by Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Tom Harkin (D-IA), Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), and Barbara Boxer (D-CA) sent to FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz on September 21, 2012. “The FTC can and should take several steps to better protect consumers from deceptive lead generators both by educating consumers and by investigating their practices,” wrote the senators.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.