Employer Identification Number (EIN) Authorization Form


The IRS allows third parties to apply for Employer Identification Numbers on behalf of their clients. But the third party must obtain written consent from the taxpayer to apply for the EIN. This form should fulfill the IRS requirements.

Note: In addition, the third party must have the taxpayer sign Form SS-4 with the third party designee section filled out.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.

DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Andrew Flusche, Andrew Flusche, Attorney at Law | Attorney Advertising

Written by:


Andrew Flusche, Attorney at Law on:

Readers' Choice 2017
Reporters on Deadline

"My best business intelligence, in one easy email…"

Your first step to building a free, personalized, morning email brief covering pertinent authors and topics on JD Supra:

Sign up to create your digest using LinkedIn*

*By using the service, you signify your acceptance of JD Supra's Privacy Policy.

Already signed up? Log in here

*With LinkedIn, you don't need to create a separate login to manage your free JD Supra account, and we can make suggestions based on your needs and interests. We will not post anything on LinkedIn in your name. Or, sign up using your email address.