Goodwin Procter LLP is a national law firm with a growing international presence. With offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C., we work closely with clients to advance business objectives in the U.S. and abroad. The firm was originally founded in 1912 in Boston.
Goodwin Procter is dedicated to helping clients manage risk, maximize opportunities and move their business forward. Our attorneys are nimble, creative and pragmatic, working tenaciously to protect and promote our clients' interests in the United States and around the world.
At Goodwin Procter, you'll find a collective determination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We're business-oriented lawyers equally comfortable in the boardroom and the courtroom. While we handle some of the largest cases on record, we also work with individuals and investors leading the way in new technologies and markets.
We advise multinational companies on public/private enterprises and help emerging companies grow. From critical regulatory and compliance matters to deals, transactions, and high-stakes litigation, we're prepared to do what it takes to defend and protect our clients' interests.
Within the firm, we encourage collaboration across practices, industry teams and geographies, ensuring the most integrated, solutions-oriented results for our clients. Efficiency and effectiveness are the highest priority for us, and we continue to look for ways to partner with clients in identifying new strategies, new approaches and different ways of working together to optimize results.
Goodwin Procter's culture fosters an open, inclusive and collegial atmosphere. We're a cohesive group of people from different backgrounds, working together on challenging deals and complex cases. With 850 attorneys across eight offices in the U.S., Asia and Europe, we're proud of our commitment to excellence, the interesting matters we handle and the impressive clients we serve.
Honors and Awards
• 2013 and 2014 Biotechnology Law Firm of the Year (US News - Best Lawyers)
• North American Law Firm of the Year in both the Transactions and Fund Formation categories by Private Equity Real Estate (PERE) magazine
• America’s Best Corporate Law Firms for 2013 by Corporate Board Member magazine
• Ranking in 42 categories overall and top-tier rankings in 22 categories in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
• Ranked as a “significant player” in India-related transactions by India Business Law Journal every year since 2008 when the firm opened its Hong Kong office
• A “Best Law Firm for Women” by Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers for three consecutive years
• 2013 Top Ten Family Friendly Firms by Yale Law Women
• Named to the Women in Law Empowerment Forum’s (WILF) Gold Standard Certification list for 2013
• Represented on the BTI Client Service All Star List since 2006