Ms. Hervic has a wealth of experience in her work as a litigation attorney which encompasses human rights and environmental issues, including environmental compliance, the Clean Water Act, Superfund and natural resources law - in particular water - international litigation, shipping, trade and
commercial disputes and commercial transactions. Ms. Hervic has been a consultant at the World Bank, and was senior attorney at Waterkeeper Alliance. She has, in addition, worked at well known law firms in the United States and in Australia. She also
served as senior attorney with the Northern Territory Attorney General's Department in Darwin,Australia where she advised the Department and other
agencies on the impact of native title legislation on land use and planning,mining and exploration, commercial development, and the environment and
was involved in cases of national and international significance concerning land and sea claims. Ms. Hervic formerly served as in-house counsel to
National Parks & Wildlife Service in Sydney, Australia. In addition, she established her own law practice near Sydney, where she practiced civil
environmental and criminal law.
Ms. Hervic speaks fluent French.
- A Call to Action: The Moral Imperative for a Universal Right to Water, 23 INT. LAW QUARTERLY 1, 3 (Fall 2007), Florida Bar.
- Intellectual Property Law, Eleventh Circuit Decisions, Joëlle Hervic et al, Chapter 18 of INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW, ANNUAL REVIEW OF DEVELOPMENTS IN BUSINESS AND CORPORATE LITIGATION, ABA Business Law Section (2004).
- Water, Water Everywhere, Part 1, 76 FLA. BAR J. 78 (2002); Part 2, 77 FLA. BAR J. 49 (2003).
- Statements Containing an Accusation of Criminal Conduct Offered to Explain Subsequent Police Conduct, 55 UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI L. REV. 771 and 819 (2001).
United States: New York, Florida, District of Columbia
United States Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Australia: New South Wales, Northern Territory
All Federal Courts of Australia
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2001,
Florida, University of Miami Law Review
- LL.M., Comparative Law, University of Miami School of Law, 1997