Energetic and accomplished Chief Financial Officer/Attorney with proven leadership in the banking and financial services industries. Strengths in strategic assessment of business pursuits, profitability and operational analysis, negotiating and drafting agreements and consulting. Experience in corporate finance, commercial lending, debt restructuring, M&A and divestitures, profitability analysis, asset liability management and bankruptcy. Proven experience in profit center management while developing work force and clients base to meet organizational objectives.
Commercial Contracts Attorney: Expertise in the structuring, negotiating and closing of commercial, vendor and strategic alliance agreements and managing contracting processes for corporate and business clients. Can work independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment and customarily interacts with staff from various departments, including sales, product management, and development located in the US and around the globe.
Real Estate Attorney: Expertise in negotiating, drafting and closing commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Business formation and governance: Expertise in the formation and restructuring of new business entities (corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and trusts) and structuring the management and governance documents (operating agreements and shareholder agreements).
Business optimization: Expertise in functional (reengineering, acquisitions and divestitures) and financial (debt restructuring and loss mitigation) business restructuring.
Asset Protection & Estate Planning: Expertise in planning for efficient conveyance of personal and business assets via various trust mechanisms and drafting of appropriate limitations and constraints language controlling the conveyance and inheritance of business ownership interests.
· Negotiate, review and draft agreements (real estate, services, licensing/intellectual property, confidentiality, technology procurement and other agreements) that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
· Summarize and communicate legal concepts for use by sales, product management & development and IT personnel.
· Respond promptly to legal requests from sales, product management, and developers.
· Interact daily with numerous in-house clients.
· Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, contracting processes, and contracts automation systems.
· Renegotiate debt and modification of loan agreements.
· Non-judicial real estate foreclose and deficiency judgments and tenant evictions.
· Conduct closings of commercial transactions (real estate conveyance and business acquisitions.
· Issue real estate title insurance (commercial and residential)
JD and MBA, Certificate of Study in Intellectual Property Law and European Community Law
Bar admission in Florida and Georgia
15 years plus experience in banking as a financial analyst, accountant, CFO and COO
5 years + experience in commercial contracts, with a strong background in real estate, property and finance
Extensive background in drafting and negotiating sales and service contracts, licensing/intellectual property agreements, technology procurement and other vendor agreements