Experienced attorney with over 20 years handling corporate, governmental, and private legal issues with 12 years of managerial, planning, administrative, and policy development experience; skilled in dispute resolution and complex litigation, budget and fiscal administration, business transactions and compliance, contract negotiation, employment matters, management-side labor negotiations, policy formulation and implementation, and supervision and human resources management, etc.
• Practice areas include:
o civil and commercial litigation
o construction law
o corporate and contract transactions
o employment and labor law
o environmental, health, and safety law
o insurance defense and coverage issues
o mediation and arbitration
o municipal law
o real estate transactions
o risk management and conflict avoidance
• Litigated in administrative, state, and Federal courts; types of cases included:
o employment matters, FLSA, unfair labor practices, labor disputes, discrimination, retaliation, state/Federal employment laws, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, covenant not to compete;
o contract claims, construction disputes, payment and performance, personal injury, product liability, safety violations (OSHA), land use and zoning matters, criminal matters, environmental and hazardous waste clean-up matters, worker’s compensation among others.
o Foreclosures, real estate disputes, family matters, business dissolution disputes, bankruptcy matters.
CORPORATE AND MUNICIPAL LAW
• Provide counsel and direction to senior management, boards of directors, legislative bodies, and government officials on corporate issues, such as governance and compliance, financing and bonding, employment matters including employee discipline, disputes, and misconduct investigations, environmental and hazardous waste matters, general business practices as well as land use and zoning.
• Conducted numerous internal investigations successfully avoiding litigation and/or liability.
• Draft, structure, negotiate, and advise on a variety of commercial agreements ensuring that proposed contracts are legally acceptable and achieve client’s business goals without undue risk.
• Draft, review, and negotiate commercial transactions involving joint ventures, license agreements, vendor agreements, collective bargaining agreements, employment contracts, buy-sell agreements, residential/commercial real estate transactions, procurement matters, confidentiality agreements, etc.
J.D. – St. John’s University School of Law Queens, New York
Dean’s List ? Internships with the Hon. Mark A. Costantino, U.S. District Court and U.S. Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, E.D.N.Y.; Summer Associate, New York Power Authority-New York, NY
B.S. – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (concentration in finance)
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA Orlando, Florida
Professional Associations & Memberships
American Bar Assn. ? Defense Research Institute ? Rutland County Bar Assn. ? Vermont Bar Assn.
State Chair, International Municipal Lawyers Assn. ? Vermont Trial Lawyers Assn., Past Board Member
Rutland Area Visiting Nurses Assn. and Hospice (Past Pres., Bd. of Directors, and Chair of Strategic Planning)