We take pride in providing personalized legal services for your individual or business needs. Our practice includes wills, trusts, estate planning, power of attorney, end of life decisions, law suit protection, business start up and funding, business buying and selling, debt settlement or consolidation.
ASSET PROTECTION: About 24 million lawsuits are filed in the Unites States every year! You are more likely to be sued than hospitalized. Homeowner insurance typically covers up to $1M; auto insurance covers far less and must be purchased separately. If the judgment against you is greater than the amount of insurance, the other party can go after your other assets, home, investments and wages. With the high cost of health care and rehabilitation, the liability insurance will not last long. Irrevocable trusts, Off-shore trusts, Family Limited Partnerships, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts, Spendthrift Trusts, when set up legally, protect your assets.
BANKRUPTCY: Do you owe money but cannot pay? Have you tried negotiating with credit card companies and other creditors to no avail? We can help with debt reduction, negotiations with lenders, debt consolidation, foreclosure assistance, mortgage modifications, liquidation, partial debt repayment, student loans, income and property taxes, debt collections, creditor harassment, wage garnishment, bank account garnishment, debt collection laws, stopping law suits, and filing Chapter 7, Chapter 13 or Chapter 11 bankruptcy, including the legal requirements you must meet to declare bankruptcy.
BUSINESS LAW: Another business owes you money or product but refuses to pay or deliver. We help you prevent situations where greed, dishonesty, thievery, sloppiness, misunderstanding, unreasonable expectations or unexpected events lead to liability law suits, broken partnerships and lost income or assets. We assist corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and sole proprietorship businesses to avoid unnecessary risks and with succession planning, such as having your family continue the business and integration of estate plan with partners, shareholders, members and general succession planning.
CORPORATE LAW: You want to start a business and avoid personal liability? Creating a corporation requires that you file papers and comply with state laws regarding the formation and management of the corporation to avoid personal liability. Corporate law also includes limited liability companies, nonprofit public benefit, mutual benefit and religious corporations.
ELDER LAW: There are a growing number of cases involving financial and physical abuse of elders or senior citizens, where their assets are wasted and physical injuries have occurred. We address these and advise on proper selection of nursing homes or caretakers.
ESTATE PLANNING: Every Californian should have a plan for end-of-life decisions, inheritance, estate tax, financial support for long-term care (MediCal), a will to establish who receives their assets after death and more. This includes Wills, Probate, Trusts, Power of Attorney, Health Care Directives, Guardianship, Conservatorship, gifts to family members, including irrevocable, charitable gifts and annuities.
IRREVOCABLE TRUSTS: Learn how an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust ensures that your family receives the benefits of the inheritance with minimum or no estate tax. Without it, the taxes on the life insurance proceed could be 45% or higher, leaving only 55% for your family.
PATENTS TRADEMARKS & COPYRIGHT: You have an invention or unique mark that you wish to protect and commercialize. We guide you through basic requirements on how to accomplish this. Visit www.foothilllaw.com
CONTRACTS: Learn why people don’t perform per the terms of a contract and how to address non-performance, damages and how to collect the monies owed you. We provide guidance on how to negotiate, mediate, file lawsuit for recovery and collect debts.
California State Bar, Northern and Eastern
District of California Federal Courts, United States Patent and Trademark Office
JD, BSEECS University of California Berkeley
Professional Associations & Memberships
California Bar (Wills/Trusts/Business Law Sections),National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, National Elder Law Association, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers