Since 1970, TroyGould has been a nationally recognized law firm for business. We've built an innovative mid-size firm that understands what is important to business leaders and delivers it. Our clients include privately held and public companies, investors and senior executives, start ups, middle-market and "Fortune 500" companies.
The firm authored "Advising and Defending Corporate Directors and Officers," published by the Regents of the University of California. This book has become a standard desk reference work and reflects the firm's extensive transactional and litigation expertise in the complex and challenging area of corporate governance.
A former (deceased) senior entertainment attorney was the author of "Music and Copyright," published by Oxford University Press, a definitive book on litigation in that area.
A senior corporate attorney is the executive editor and co-author of "Intellectual Property in Business Transactions," a widely used treatise of practical information for business and intellectual property lawyers.
Such a range of experience is unusual for a firm our size, but it means we can give the best of big firm capabilities and small firm responsiveness.
Whether resolving tough and complex issues or advising on day-to-day practical concerns, we meet our clients' general business and litigation needs, while handling specialized challenges from the worlds of securities, intellectual property, financial services, biotechnology, entertainment, agribusiness and real estate. And we help them anywhere they do business: in California, throughout the Pacific Rim, or around the world.
Our firm began with a strong focus on corporate and securities work, and our corporate practice is still the firm's largest. But today it is part of a comprehensive business law and litigation capability that can meet the specialized needs of emerging, middle-market or global companies. With our quick response time and innovative use of technology, we provide clients with real value in the way we resolve controversies and get deals done.
* Corporate. We are one of the leading independent business law firms in Southern California, reflecting our primary focus on securities law. Our contacts with investment bankers, financial institutions and other sources of capital are extensive, which means we can help with any business combination or securities transaction. And our corporate governance experience ideally positions us to advise directors and management on their fiduciary responsibility.
* Litigation. In complex cases where a company is at stake, or in commercial disputes that arise in the normal course of business, TroyGould is a vigorous advocate at trial and in negotiation. We have special strengths to address intellectual property, employment, unfair competition, securities, real estate and entertainment controversies, and excel at resolving high-stakes, high-intensity controversies. Our litigators provide efficient and effective representation for the commercial disputes that virtually any company faces in the normal course of business.
* Real Estate. We represent developers, owners, landlords, tenants and investors in all aspects of their commercial, industrial and residential real estate transactions.
* Entertainment and Media. We advise clients who are involved around the world in virtually every facet of the entertainment, computer technology and electronic media industries on a variety of matters, including the development and management of various intellectual property assets, licensing, and sponsorship and other corporate partner arrangements.
* Tax. Whether the issue is corporate or partnership taxation, the tax structure of business deals, the formation or advice to 501(c)(3) organizations or the resolution of tax controversy, our tax practice is an integral part of our full service business counseling.