Robert Vantress is a business lawyer and seasoned trial lawyer. He helps clients prevent, resolve, win and fund litigation, including arbitration or trial if necessary. Vantress Law Group provides a full range of trial, litigation and dispute resolution services, representing both corporations and individuals through trial and appeal, sometimes networking with other lawyers and experts where necessary because of the needs of the client. The firm handles a wide range of business contract and tort disputes but focuses largely on copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress, trade secret, licensing and related unfair competition disputes, for the protection of a business’ most valuable assets, including protection of its name, domain name or URL, reputation, style of doing business, business methodology, goodwill, contracts, customers and customer information, employees, confidential information, computers and networks, website content and original media. Other areas include real estate, lease, construction, mechanic’s lien, business and securities fraud, shareholder, partner, fiduciary, trust, professional negligence, employment discrimination, termination and wage and hour claims, insurance coverage, defense, indemnity and suretyship matters, as well as referring out, overseeing, assisting or coordinating the efforts needed in patent prosecution and trademark prosecution, probate, family law, criminal and other matters usually handled by qualified specialists in only those areas.
* California State Bar No. 106442 (December 1982), including all California Courts
* U.S. District Court, Eastern (Sacramento), Northern (San Francisco), Central (Los Angeles) and Southern (San Diego) Districts of California
* 9th Circuit United States Court of Appeals
* J.D., June 1982, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, University of California
* B.S. Business Administration, June 1979, University of California, Berkeley (Haas School of Business Emphasis in Accounting, Finance & Marketing)
Professional Associations & Memberships
* State Bar of California
* American Bar Association
* Computer Law Association
* Commonwealth Club of California
* American Intellectual Property Law Association
* Computer History Museum
Honors and Awards
Consistently rated "excellent" and "distinguished" by his peers and attorney rating services such as Martindale-Hubbell® Lawyers.com and avvo.com, Robert holds the highest rating possible for his ethical standards. Two years in a row Robert received the Northern California "Super Lawyers" distinction by San Francisco Magazine and Law & Politics Media, based on a peer review rating, which distinction is reserved for the top 3% of Northern California lawyers.